Thursday, 15 September 2011

Sight Seeing

Well i've finally gotten out and had a bit of a look around town. This place is crazy busy, 14 million people....

I wandered down to the Obelisk today which is right in the centre of town on the main street. You can see in my photos that there was an activist event going on with the locals picketing for better rights and police security in some of the poorer suburbs. As you can imagine I didnt really stick around too long in the area as there were federal police and riot police everywhere...

I then moved onto the cemetry, not a real cheery place but very interesting!! As you'll see from the photos the musoleums and crypts were beautiful. Some of the sculptures were very detailed and ornate. I spent about 2 hours wandering around as the place was huge!!

I then wandered over to the plaza de mayo and the cabildo (big pink building). Here again there was riot police protecting the building, I guess if the activists headed over.

While wandering around I found a nice little cafe and tasted some of the local empanada's. They were this lil pasty looking thing, which came in 2 varieties, meat (il carne) or vegetarian (il vegetarian). The meat one was delicious and very cheap, 2x empanadas and a bottle of coke cost $20 pesos ($4 AUD).

After wandering around for most of the day my feet and boots were still friends which is great considering next week they will get hammered when hiking up Machu Picchu.

I was planning on having a quiet night last night, but that didnt happen. I ended up at the other Milhouse backpackers for the hostel party and then moved onto a club at 2am. We stayed at the club will 7am. Another big night..... What makes it bad is i had to change rooms today as I extended my booking and they had pre booked my existing bed. Anyways it meant that I needed to have my bags packed and the bed stripped down and down at the reception by 11am. I did it but my eyes were hanging out of my head....

The new room isnt as nice and is noisier as its right above the road. Ohh well its only for 3x nights.

Ive managed to contract a fluey cold thing. So thats drained any remaining energy I might have had and Im seriously contemplating going back to bed after waking up at 1700. So I chucked down an antibiotic and gonna dose up on the water.

Well I'm going back to bed, I hope you enjoy the photos. See the link on the Photos page. If anyone knows how to get the slideshow tool working to display my picasa web photos I'd appreciate some hints cause at the moment its not showing my picasa album?

Hasta Luego Signors and Signoras

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude. I tried to send a comment the other day, but my techno-nerd kicked in and I failed. Anyhow I was saying that you should just enjoy the partying in BA because it doesn't have a lot more to offer. Seems like you have already dicovered that yourself. There is soooo much more interesting things to do and see once you have escaped the city. I watch with interest the amount of Parmigana's you will need to survive the journey. No need to worry, eating is one of the highlights of SA. Seems like you have taken to it like a duck to water....enjoy the ride. Sam.

    ReplyDelete