Yesterday I was feeling energetic after a good nights sleep and headed out with a hostel run tour to check out the palmero area of Buenos Aires.
The tour took us into the open park lands area to the east of the city. The area was beutiful with many formal gardens, botanical gardens, and the ba zoo.
We also visited a food market which was very interesting. However I got stung with the entry fee of $30 pesos which I paid to a lady on the gate, to only find the official ticket booth inside. So has to pay an additonal $30 at the correct area. Ohh well I believe she was collecting for charity and it only equated to $8 aud.
Once inside the exhibition hall I soon found many stalls setup with cured meats and cheeses who were all providing free tastings, ummm the cured meats and sausages were delicious. The argentinean beef is great! I also found lots of wine stands so sampled some of the local drops, sangovaise, malbec, and a few others. All tasted good, but nothing as good as the good ole barossa shiraz or a Margaret rover cabernet sauvignon.
I also stumbled across a thick caramel sauce stuff, can't quite remember the name of it but boy it was good! I took a photo of a pyramid of the stuff.
After returning from the day out I caught up with a few other fellow travellers and had a few pints at the hostel bar which lasted a few hours. The search was then on for an argentinean steak house. After stumbling round for 15 minutes we found one. Boy the quality of the steak was fantastic! I got a lomo steak (particular cut) with garlic sauce. It was awesome! And all for the low price of $69 pesos ($17 aud)
Eventually got home at 0130 this morning for an early night. Unfortunately a club about 3 doors down fired up at 0200 and the music was pumped up loud! Even with ear plugs I struggled to sleep. Ohh well its all part of the experience :)
Today I'm gonna lay low in the hostel and get my stuff prepped and ready for my flight to Lima tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of the city and see the amazon and the andes.
My next blog will most likely be from Lima, Peru. Once I hit the jungle I expect there won't be any internet so ill be offline for 3 days while I fish for pirahnas and swim with the pink dolphins.
Huesta luego mi amigos
Hehehe... you're doubling up on entries! Losing track already? Must be all that partying stuffing you around. :P
ReplyDeleteHad a laugh that you found the free tastings. You must've been in heaven. Makes me smile just picturing it. :)
Love you. Miss you.
xxx
Hola chico!!! Que pasa?
ReplyDeleteSounds like BA is going great. Love reading the blogs so keep it up.
Dulce de Leche (sweet milk) is the caramel stuff.
Feliz Diaz. Rusty