I went out on a walking tour of palmero today. A lot of the area was botanical gardens and open space. The area was quite interesting with a lot of the statues etc being donated by countries such as France.
We also visited a food market, I ended up paying for entry twice as there were some old ladies taking money at the front gate which I assumed was for entry. So I paid $30 and walked in, only to find the offical ticket booth which I needed to pay another $30.... Ohh well what's $8 aud.
We then went through the Bohemian area of Buenos Aires which was pretty cool. Lots of funky fashion shops and patisseries.
It's almost getting to the end of my time here in buenos Aires. I'm keen to get out of the city and into the andes. I've been given the tip to start popping the altitude tablets 2 days before hitting altitude. I really hope I can shake this cold before the 4 day hiking trip.
I think ill have a quiet night tonight. I was keen to go to a tango night but that can wait till I'm back in Buenos Aires in December.
Hasta luego mi amigos
No comments:
Post a Comment