I've just been down to the main bus station and purchased a cromotex first class bus ticket to Arequipa departing at 2000 on the 2/10. Few dramas, the taxi I initially jumped in didnt understand my poor Spanish when I was asking for the autobus terminal, so we ended up just driving along until eventually I jumped out and paid him 1 soles for his troubles. Luckily I got out right near my previous hotel so went in and asked for help. Turns out I should have been asking for the Terminal Terrestre, who would have thought...
Anyways the next taxi I jumped in understood where I needed to go and before long I arrived. The bus terminal was full of different stands of companies all screaming out destination names. I found the one I was recommend by shiry my gap tour leader, "Cromotex".
With my broken Spanish I managed to book a 1st class seat on a bus heading to Arequipa on the 2/10, departing at 8pm. The bus will drive through the night until I eventually get to arequipa around 6am on the 3/10.
From here im booked on a 2 day tour into the Colca Canyon which is famous for condors. Fingers crossed I see some :)
After the tour ill be back to Arequipa for a night, then onto another bus bound for Puno on Lake Titicaca.
That's the latest and greatest.
Adios muchachos.
No comments:
Post a Comment