Today I've had a day exploring miraflores and eating my way around with vanesa and her friend jimmy.
I had a nice sleep in this morning but missed breakfast so went out hunting some empanadas to fill the gap. Eventually found a spot called muranos which I have since found it is famous for churros, more on that later. So after munching down a la carne empanada for $10 soles ($4 aud) I wandered around the city. There were lots of police, almost one on every corner, so the place felt very safe.
I then made my way down to the coast to find a great lookin surf beach. Unfortunately I didn't have much time here as I was due to meet vanessa in her hotel lobby.
We all set off (vanessa, jimmy, and i) to get some traditional Peruvian food but unfortunately the place was closed on Monday. Ohh well maybe another time. So instead we went to a great Japanese restaurant for lunch.
I tried my first ever pisco sours, which is a cocktail containing pisco (similar to tequila), lemon, egg whites, bitters. The drink was very tasty, but quite potent. As a lot of u are aware I'm a sucker for tequila so I made sure I only had one of these.
At lunch we had a heap if sushi, one even included the very Peruvian dish of cerviche (raw fish, with lemon, lime, and chilli). The cerviche was very tasty.
After lunch vanesa thought it would be good to grab some churros. So we jumped on a local bus, and 9 blocks later and $0.50 soles (20 cents aud) we jumped off. Vanesa took us to muranos (place where I had breakfast, what are the chances) and we ploughed through a chorro each. Chorros are long donuty things covered in sugar, some with fillings (chocolate, custard, or caramel). The things were delicious and all for the low price of $3.30 soles ($1.20 aud)
After eating we pretty much went seperate ways. I sussed out where my accommodation for my tour tomorrow starts.
I'm stuffed, and think ill have a quiet night tonight. My cold is still hanging around, and I now have a raspy cough. I've popped some antibiotics and some codral so fingers crossed it'll be better tomorrow.
Lima has been nice to visit, hopefully I get some time tomorrow to check out the Peruvian pyramid that the modern city has built around....
Huesto luego hombres
Craig
Hey Craig sounds like you having an awesome time. All that food you must be loving it! You sound like a hungry little caterpilla chomp chomp hhmmmm!! Keep safe, Renee DEC Broome
ReplyDelete