Saturday, 1 October 2011

Another day in Cusco

Well I've had a quiet day in Cusco today, tried to get some details finalized for the next 2 weeks travelling to Arequipa, Puno, Copacobana, and La Paz.

Unfortunately despite my efforts I didn't really make any progress in confirming booking details.

I also visited the inca museum today. Was quite interesting, but most of the descriptions were in Spanish.... Bugger. I found the deformed skulls quite interesting, the skulls were deformed at birth to pay homage to the gods. Sounds like something from x files to me.....

So tomorrow is my last day here in Cusco. I checkout of my hotel at 0930 and don't jump on the bus to Arequipa till 2000. So ill have a day kicking around Cusco, probably end up hopping from cafe to cafe.

I hope everyone back home is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Craig, all this sounds bloody exciting. Especially the hiking at high altitude. Lucky you didn't get sick. I'm enjoying reading about your journeys. Keep it up!
    Sam H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Sam, I'm off to Arequipa tonight, so hopefully get some happy snaps of condors.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete