Well I´ve been potering around in Puno today, theres not a real lot to do here I´ve found. I wandered into the main square and had a bit of a poke around the shops. Nothing I hadnt already seen...
I am running out of clean clothes so everything went to the laundry today and i bought a new shirt, an "Inca Cola" t-shirt, it had to be done. Inca Cola is an iconic drink that was produced in Peru which the locals absolutely love. Coca Cola came in and couldnt compete with the local drink so they bought it out. The drink itself is a radioactive yellow with a taste similar to creaming soda, very sweet. The peruvians definately have a sweet tooth!!
Tomorrow (Friday 7/10) I´m off to visit the reed islands on Lake Titicaca and I will be staying overnight on one of the islands with a local family. So my spanish will be put to the test..... I´ve been running around also today getting a few supplies like water and snacks in preparation for the 2 day visit to the Lake Titicaca islands.
So I will return back to Puno on Saturday 8/10 and maybe check out the local museum, I missed it today due to a mid afternoon siesta....
Anyways I´m uploading a few more photos from the Amazon, and I will also upload photos from the Colca Canyon and the Condors we spyed.
Ohh by the way for those who I said I will send postcards too, well I´m finding the postal service a lil tricky over here so dont hold your breath for postcards....
Hasta Luego Amigos
Craig
Wow............Love the Condors what amazing creatures. Great pics of the Canyon and Machu Pichu. Inspires me to maybe travel that way myself. Enjoy man looks awesome. I'll be asking you heaps of questions when you get back. Renee
ReplyDelete