I went diving again yesterday (sat 29/10, first dive was thurs 27/10) with scuba iguana, this time out to Gordons rock for 2 dives.
Wow the dives would have had to been some of the best I've ever done! There was soo much diversity of fish, sharks, turtles and sea lions it wad amazing
The currents were supposed to be quite strong, but on the day they werent too bad.
The first dive was fantastic with soo many tropical fish everywhere, I was completely surrounded. There were massive sting rays, large, green turtles everywhere, and we even found some painted crays.
One of the highlights of the first dive was a massive school of baracuda, maybe 500+ fish which cruised past. It was like a moving silver wall of baracuda, awesome! We also were lucky to see a school of about 16 spotted eagle rays swimming in formation, looked like they were flying. But the absolute highlight was seeing 2x hammer head sharks about 8m away swim past as we were doing our ascent. The sharks were about 3m long and moved soo gracefully from side to side, great to watch.
The second dive we stayed at gordons rock cause it was good on the first dive. The second dive was even better with a school of 12x hammer heads coming in close and circling us. We also had large black tip reef sharks come to check us out. Awesome, I could have watched them all day long if I had the air....
Sea lions were around on the second dive and it was great seeing them herd up fish. They were so agile and playful underwater. One came right up to my mask and then glided around me.
A manta ray made an appearance on the last dive but unfortunately I missed it....
I really recommend diving in the galapogos to anyone who's keen on diving, its amazing!
It's sad, but I only have one more day here in Puerto ayoro before I head back to the main land of Ecuador.
Anyways breakfast is calling, hasta luego.
Craig
Pfft. No one cares about your awesome diving experiences. :P
ReplyDelete