Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Adventures in Galapogos

I've just arrived back on shore in Puerto Ayora after spending 10 days cruising around the galapogos islands. The islands were amazing and I loved living on the boat and spending soo much time on and in the ocean.

The daily routine was pretty standard, awake and have breakfast at 7 am. Then do an island visit and hike around 8:30 for an hour or so. A snorkel either from the zodiacs or the beach followed at 10am. Lunch back on the boat was a 2 course affair at midday. An afternoon siesta normally ocurred from 1-2 then we were off again on another island hike and explore followed by another snorkel. Back on the boat around 5 for snacks and afternoon drinks. Dinner was 3 courses at 7p, and most nights ended quite early afterwards.

There was soo much life to see in the galapogos. Seemed that everywhere you looked there was something new to see.

I had many great experiences, swimming and playing with sea lions, watching green sea turtles graze on sea weed, trail a white tip reef shark as it patrols for food. There were also many terrestial experiences which I highly value, watching blue footed boobies, galapogos hawks, frigate birds, albatrosses, giant land tortoises, marine iguanas, land iguanas and many other animals.

I've got 5 days here in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz before I fly back to the main land and Quito. I'm off scuba diving tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully see some hammer head sharks and manta rays.

Well its time for my afternoon siesta, I hope your all doing great :).

Huesta luego amigos

Craig Carpenter

2 comments:

  1. JEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUS
    Sounds like the Big G was awesome!!
    BE great to have you back soon to hear all the stories and see the photo's!!!
    Safe travels for the last couple of weeks
    Rusty (&N)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, be great to see u guys and have a few cold beers and tell some tales.

    GaLaPogos is awesome!

    Craig

    ReplyDelete