On Tuesday I visited cotopaxi volcano at 5600m. I got to 4800m which is a new record for me.
The volcano last erupted 128 years ago, historically the volcano has erupted every 100 years, so its 28 years overdue.....
After climbing to 4800 we descended to 3500m and then jumped on mountain bikes and rode down the mountain to 2000m.
The road down the volcano was quite slippery and the brakes werent the best so it lead to an interesting ride. I hit a patch of sand at speed and came off and hit a pole. So I'm now limping around with a deep bruise on my thigh and a strained groin muscle from the impact.
So my city tour today was a bit of a challenge as it involved a bit of walking or more hobbling.
Tomorrow I fly off to Buenos Aires to start the last part of my trip, and a visit to igwazu falls.
Not long before I fly home, only 4 days left.
Hasta luego
Craig
I actually wondered how many bruises you would wear after the bike ride.....take it easy love you and enjoy..... maaaaaaaa
ReplyDeleteI'm alright, the leg is working again ;)
ReplyDeleteIm off to see iguazu falls today
Glad u got blog commenting sussed 4 days before I head home... ;)
Craig
he you forgot to mention the mojitos:-) it was great fun with you and we wish you a safe journey back home. patricia & Christoph
ReplyDeleteHehahe ohh yeah those mojitos...... They weren't soo good to me at 4am...... Im glad u guys convinced me not to get that giant cocktail, or was it the bar stopped servicing us.....
ReplyDeleteI was a bit rough for the city tour the next day!
I haven't tried that wizz fuzz yet, might introduce it to friends back in australia :)
Yeah it was a fun night, shame it was only the one, safe trails! Have fun on ur adventures!
Craig